Photo ID

Members can post suggestions here on what they think would be nice or would like to see on the CIT Forum. Please keep in mind that obviously not all suggestions will be able to be used but we will do what we can.

Photo ID

Postby 72442 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:25 pm

I think it would be nice to have an image index that would show the tractors first by model, then in order by serial #. I think this would help to get a better understanding of the changes made in production. This would also solve some confusion made by looking for parts by year of prodution. ( As things did not just change by model year! )This would almost have to be an image regisration, showing the tractor, model, serial #, etc. Thank you Dana.

Photo ID

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Photo ID

Postby RolFarrar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello 74442,
Welcome to the forum and great to see you chiming in!

Please don't take my response wrong, I know you haven't had time to research the entire forum. If I understand your question correctly, perhaps it is answered under General tractor issues, scroll down to "Production year of Tractor." I think that photo's would be a difficult way to ID these machines, as the changed very little over the years. And even less, in paint schemes. The serial number is the best form of identification, in the view of most C/I owners and Dealers. It narrows each tractor to it's production date and standard features.

Please feel free to reply if I misunderstood your comments, or you have questions about mine!
Rol

Things turn out the best for the ones who make the best of the way things turn out.
RolFarrar

Postby 72442 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Yes I do agree that the serial # is the best form of I.D. IT would be nice to have then in order by # not year. A visual image of first to last built.It would also be nice to try and see by images what tractors are still alive and well! To have a visual image of them in one location may prove priceless, since a real world compilation is not available. Thank you for the response, Dana.

Postby RolFarrar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Dana,
Someone may have some idea's on how to accomplish that. Let's see if anyone chimes in with a suggestion.
Rol

Things turn out the best for the ones who make the best of the way things turn out.
RolFarrar

Postby grummy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 am

Dana,
You actually have a pretty good idea. It would be fairly simple for someone to request photos from fellow case owners who have specific year tractors to use on this chart. A person would not actually need every year, but one would need to annotate a few things on the photos that would indicate differences between some of the minor changes for model year.

The problem I see is that someone would need to take the time to get it done. Might be a nice winter project..... you'd almost think that Ingersoll themselves would have already done that !

We'll see what my winter projects bring if no one else does it.
grummy

Return to Member's Suggestions for CIT Forum