Hi from Belleville IL

Where members can introduce themselves and giving alittle info on themselves

Hi from Belleville IL

Postby joltman62 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 am

Joined recently and wanted to say hello out there to everyone. I have been a Cub Cadet fan for years, and kept running across Case tractors and finally decided to see what all the hoopla is about. Picked up a 77 basket "case" 446 without an engine, and I am in the process of putting the machine back together. Not being a fan of anything with twin cylinders that are obsolete, and having a Kohler 14hp sitting and available, I am converting the 446 into a 444. I am almost finished with the motor mount fabrication/conversion and will start a thread showing the work thus far and as I progress. As for parts, it needs almost everything. Looking for a 42 inch or preferably bigger deck at the present time. It will be painted the older tan/red paint scheme as I like that color pattern better. At any rate, thanks for having me, and I look forward to meeting you here or in person down the road. Now all I have to do is sell of some red cub stuff LOL.

Kevin H
Belleville IL ( 12 miles from St Louis MO )
joltman62

Hi from Belleville IL

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hi from Belleville IL

Postby 3427 Ingersoll » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Kevin,
Glad to have you aboard. Can't wait to see your project reconstruction. I can put up a personal posting board for you to put your build up in.

On another note- I was just recently looking at making purchase down in Belleville. I am in Rockford. I didn't decide to buy the item yet but if you would maybe be interested in transporting the item up to Rockford, IL I can check and see if I have a good used deck for you that I would give for free for payment. I have been selling of a lot of my Colt, Case, Ingersoll items trying to get down to a more manageable level again.

Thanks again for sharing,

Dan
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan
3427 Ingersoll

Postby joltman62 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 am

Dan

Thanks for the reply. Picked up a 222 on ebay couple weeks back, and a deck from a member in Kentucky. As my current collection of parts and stuff for Cub Cadets is sold off, I will be looking to get back to work on transforming my 446 into a 442 or 444. The K321 is currently going into the 222 since it is otherwise a complete GT and I need to be ready for spring seeing as Spring seems to be here early this year. When I start on the 400 re-power, I will plan to use all the existing engine stuff from the 222 and a gen/starter setup as I like the older style better. I will be needing a rebuildable K301 or K321 complete shortblock, as the 222 sent part of the rod through the side of the block. As for the personal posting board, that would be great, I like to see as many pics of members creations and modifications. I will do my part to add to the collection. Would be nice to see a forum link set up to allow easy access to everyones pics.
joltman62

Postby 130CASE » Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey I just joined today and noticed I live about a half hour from you! Small world! I'm from Carlyle!
130CASE

Return to Meet the Members