Belly Grader blade

Discussions regarding modifying your tractor

The image at left is Grummy's stretched frame and highly modified tractor.

Belly Grader blade

Postby RolFarrar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Here are pictures of the hook up for my belly grader blade. This is a Simplicity/ AC grader that I modified, but did not sdistroy the original hitch assembly. I also added a 60inch snow plow cutting edge for greater with, to the original 42 inch blade. It can be dropped with two bolts for serious cutting.
Note the single front pin slides into a tube on the mule at a slight upward angle to allow the blade to tilt. It also hinges on the original AC mount to allow for lift and drop. The right side is a heavy flat bar with a twist, while the left is a Case belly cylinder to allow for the tilt.
Attachments
PICT0750.JPG
This picture shows the complete assembly.
PICT0749.JPG
This shows the pin through the mule tube with washer and retaining clip.
PICT0748.JPG
This shows the mule with the slight upward tilting receiver tube. This tube also receives my AC front adjustable weight that I use with the tiller of mold board plow.
PICT0747.JPG
This picture shows all components.
Rol

Things turn out the best for the ones who make the best of the way things turn out.
RolFarrar

Belly Grader blade

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Belly Grader blade

Postby Ray_Wilson_KC » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Rol,

Could you mount this and then post a pic or two? This looks like a handy little belly mount cutter.

Ray W
Ray_Wilson_KC

Postby 3427 Ingersoll » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 pm

I also think seeing this mounted would at least help brain grind. Like I need anything else to work on. :D But I can wait till spring if you don't already have pics so you don't need to take your snowblower off just to get pictures of this mounted.

Dan
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan
3427 Ingersoll

Postby grummy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 am

Rol,
I was going to ask you where you connect the hydraulics for this, and, also, what is your recollection for the amount of clearance on the left side where you connect the cylinder ?
grummy

Postby RolFarrar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Grummy,
I have quick connectors on my 3 pt that I use for the dump trailer, the grader blade or other things when needed. I put a PVC pipe block on the 3 point to hold it up when disconnected.

The belly lift cyl that I use is a tight, but acceptable fit to the lift arm.

As you can see, I left the AC attachment arms intact.

I don't have any pictures of it mounted, and Thanks Dan, I will not be taking my caster off for a show and tell at this time! :shock: :D
Rol

Things turn out the best for the ones who make the best of the way things turn out.
RolFarrar

Return to Tractor Modification