D40 Grader blade/ 155 tractor

Postby rmclaren » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Can anyone explain how the extension spring (ref#8) , the spring plug (ref#9) and the spring bolt (ref#7) all work together? I am missing these 3 pieces and would like to purchase locally if I could figure out how the spring and plug and bolt interact. Thanks Rob...
155 OWNER
rmclaren

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: D40 Grader blade/ 155 tractor

Postby case680rob » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I'll look it up tonight, don't have my book in front of me right now. Check back late this evening.
case680rob

Postby case680rob » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:26 am

OK...The bolt goes through the cross bar at the lift point, the "plug" then threads on to the end of the bolt, and the spring threads on to the plug. I don't have this model of blade, just happen to have the book that list it. I'd say that the spring must hook to something up on the frame near the engine, and that the bolt and plug are meant to adjust the spring tension to give you the feel you want when using the blade. That's the best I can do. If you need more info keep asking and SOMEBODY on here has to know more than me. Good luck!
case680rob

Postby rmclaren » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks for the help.. I have never seen a plug that screws into a spring such as you have described. If anyone can help source a setup like this it would be great.
Thanks Rob...
rmclaren

Postby case680rob » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 am

You could make something that will work...Try this.
You will need a tension spring of appropriate size with hooks on both ends, some threaded rod of proper size to fit through the hole in your blade's frame, and two nuts and washers to go with the rod. Drill a hole big enough for the end of the spring in one end of your threaded rod.

Attatch your blade to the tractor and lift it to the locked position with the impliment lift. Hang your spring where you think it goes, should be rearward a few inches of the blade frame crossmember, and pull the spring in line with the hole in the blade frame. Measure this distance and cut your threaded rod about a half inch longer than that measurement. Then spin on one nut so it is close to the center of your rod. Hook the spring and rod together, put a washer on the rod downhill of the nut and install the rod in the hole. Put on the other washer and nut.

I know it's not quite "right" but it will get you by until you find the right pieces. Use the lower nut to adjust the spring tension how you like it and the upper one to lock the adjuster rod in place. Beware, the rod could be plenty long when you get done adjusting and may hang up in the dirt, you may have to cut it off if it is a problem.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Rob
case680rob

Postby 1031d » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 pm

I can post a picture of mine if it helps. Probably could be replaced with just a spring but then you would loose your ability to adjust the tension.
1031d

Postby rmclaren » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 pm

A photo would be great. I'm trying to find a replacement that looks and works like the original.
Thanks for the help..
155 OWNER
rmclaren

Return to Front Snow/Grader Blades