Individual Disc Brakes

Re: Individual Disc Brakes

Postby bbpitts » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:25 pm

More on the issue of motorcycle calipers. I have been thinking about what everyone has said about the mc calipers being insufficient and I might be thinking all wrong here. I was expecting the brakes to stop the tractor while being driven forward and since the present brakes can not over come that torque, I was disappointed. I have a new 4wd pickup with 4 wheel disc brakes that that were designed by better men than me and work perfect and they can not over come the torque of the motor either. Now,my truck demands driver intervention such as, you take your foot off the gas before applying the brake and than you stop just fine and the tractor does the same thing. Case designed the TCV to be pulled into neutral position when braking, I did not reinstall that feature because I don't want it to go to neutral when I brake. I want to brake one wheel while applying full power to the other wheel and this part does work. I guess my tractor will never be OSHA approved. :D
BILL
bbpitts

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 3427 Ingersoll » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Don't feel bad Bill. I have my brakes the same way on my articulated. The brake pedal does not return the shifter to neutral.

Dan
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Ronald Reagan
3427 Ingersoll

Postby Ray_Wilson_KC » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Are there any updates on this project? I am asking b/c I visited with a gent this past week that is planning on using the mechanical disc setup from an early "Green" GT for a full mechanical setup.

Ray W
Ray_Wilson_KC

Postby bbpitts » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Ray
No updates on the individual disc brakes. They basically work as is and will stop either wheel under power but not both at the same time. I have done some mechanical linkage for extra TCV etc. I think mechanical linkage would be an nightmare but that's just my opinion. Hyd brake line just bends where ever you want it to go.
I would really like to see the finished project.
Bill
BILL
bbpitts

Previous

Return to Brake Modifications